Local Planning Council
Local Child Care and Development Planning Councils are funded to assure local leadership, facilitate a local child care needs assessment, and establish priorities for the use of state funds at the local level.
"The future depends on what we do in the present." - Mahatma Gandhi
Every family in Madera County has access to quality, affordable early care and education services.
- To determine local priorities for child care and development services;
- To develop and maintain a comprehensive, countywide child care plan;
- To seek and advocate for funding of child care services and programs;
- To maximize child care and development resources through coordination and collaboration;
- To promote public awareness of child care issues as an important part of family support services;
- To advise the Board of Supervisors and the County Superintendent of Schools on issues affecting child care and development throughout the county; and
- To promote and enhance child care and development services through public education, provider education, and provision of support services.
Madera County to get involved by attending Local Planning Council meetings. For a schedule of meetings, refer to the Calendar of Events on this website.