Bridges to Leadership
About Our Program
- Models a professional learning community by keeping each cohort small and infusing the skills and strategies of creating a "Professional Learning Community" throughout all the coursework.
- Course instructors are all current practitioners and demonstrate exceptional leadership skills.
- Online model 15 months in length.
- Face to Face model 18 months in length.
- Models a standards-based system in which each student is supported in "meeting standard" as opposed to receiving a grade and moving on.
- 2011 School Bell Award Winner.
- The course instructors are all current practitioners in the field of education today.
- Instructors are highly qualified individuals who demonstrate exceptional leadership skills.
- Instructors come from a breadth of professional experiences including leadership positions such as Superintendent, Assistant
Superintendent, District Office, County Office, and school site administration.
The curriculum is based on the California Administrator Performance Expectations (CAPES). Small cohorts will collaboratively explore the theory and application of the standards. Below are the six core courses aligned to the CAPES:
- Shared Vision of Learning.
- Culture of Teaching and Learning.
- Culturally Conscious Leadership.
- Personal Ethics and Leadership Capacity.
- Social, Political, Economic, Legal and Cultural Understanding.
- Management of the School in the Service of Teaching and Learning.
The "textbooks" used in the Bridges to Leadership - PASC Program are all researched based, current and would be found on most effective leaders' bookshelves.
Some of the authors include: Rick and Becky DuFour, Bob Eaker, Bob Marzano, Stephen Covey, Michael Fullan, Anthony Muhammad, Randall Lindsey and Carol Dweck to name a few.
The curriculum in the Bridges to Leadership - PASC Program has all been developed from within the Madera County Superintendent of Schools along with input from consultants.
This insures consistency in delivery, content and assessments used in each class and provides an articulated and comprehensive approach in developing proficiency of the participants in the leadership standards.