Substitute Teacher Application Process
The Madera County Superintendent of Schools has partnered with nine school districts in Madera County to serve as the clearinghouse for hiring and obtaining fingerprint clearance of credentialed substitute teachers in Madera County.
Individuals who hold valid teaching credentials based on a bachelor's degree and completion of the CBEST are not required to apply for a substitute permit. These documents may include, but are not limited to, the following credentials:
- Multiple Subject
- Single Subject
- Education Specialist
- Pupil Personnel Services
- Library Media Services
- Speech and Language Pathology
Not credentialed yet? If you qualify, we can assist you with obtaining a substitute teacher permit. Applicants for substitute teacher permits must meet these minimum qualifications:
- Pass the California Basic Skills Exam - CBEST - Bring official score report.
- For an Emergency 30-Day Sub Permit - Official transcripts to verify BA/BS degree. (Copies of diplomas are no longer accepted by CTC).
- For a Prospective Teacher Sub Permit - Official transcripts to verify 90+ semester units and current enrollment at a university.
Complete the EdJoin.org Substitute Teacher Application HERE. Once you complete the application you will be contacted via email explaining the next steps.
School Districts included in this consortium and the starting daily rates are as follows:
- Alview-Dairyland School District - $115
- Bass Lake Joint Union School District - $175
- Chawanakee Unified School District - $165
- Chowchilla Elementary School District - $150
- Chowchilla Union High School District - $150
- Golden Valley Unified School District - $155
- Madera County Superintendent of Schools - $180
- Madera Unified School District - $220
- Raymond Knowles Union Elementary School District - $110
- Yosemite Unified School District - $175
You must review these POLICIES prior to employment on the Madera County Substitute Teacher List.
If you have questions about substitute teaching, please contact:
Lisa Tatro, Human Resources/Credentials Technician: (559) 673-6051 x6239 - email@example.com
Alyssa Dorado, Credentials Analyst: (559) 673-6051 x6261 - firstname.lastname@example.org