Academic Decathlon Lecture Day
This year we will be hosting a lecture series over the course of five days the week of October 26-30, 2020. We will host one lecture per day beginning at 3:00 p.m. with a question and answer session from 3:45-4:15 p.m. All students will attend the same sessions virtually. We are excited to provide this event to California’s decathletes again this year! Each lecture will be geared toward the Decathlon tests. All professors have been provided with information and study guides.
October 26-30, 2020
3:00-4:15 p.m. daily
$10.00 per session, per team
This year’s registration is due by October 19, 2020. Payment must accompany registration. Teams can decide to attend all sessions, or pick the sessions they wish to attend. Teams will pay by session. All five sessions is $50.00, or it is $10.00 per session. The entire team will be included in this fee. We will not register teams for sessions until we have received payment for the event and will send confirmation once complete registration has been received. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Lectures are tentative and some sessions may change. You will be notified immediately of any changes to the schedule.
• Monday, October 26– The Cold War, Jim Sargent, Madera County Superintendent of Schools
• Tuesday, October 27– Art of the Cold War, Susana Sosa, Fresno City College
• Wednesday, October 28– Cat’s Cradle, Art Davis, retired educator
• Thursday, October 29– Music of the Cold War, Dr. Dieter Wulfhorst
• Friday, October 30– Speech Hints & Tips: Dr. Brad Millar, SCCCD, Madera Center
Payment must be received before a team will be confirmed and sent access to view the lectures. No purchase orders accepted. Two ways to register:
1. By credit card. Schools may pay by clicking on the Buy Now button at the top of the page. Make sure to list the school’s name in the special instructions area. A 5% processing fee for credit cards will be added to the total amount. Once paid, submit the School Registration Form online listing the number of students and coaches from your school that will attend the lecture series.
2. By check. Mail completed invoice and payment to Kristi Winter at Madera County Schools Foundation, 1105 S. Madera Avenue, Madera, CA 93637. Checks only, no purchase orders accepted. Make checks payable to Madera County Schools Foundation. Email Kristi Winter to obtain an invoice.
Coaches will receive a confirmation email once the registration form and payment are received. If coaches do not receive an email from us, they are not registered and should call us with any questions. Access to view the sessions will only be sent after payment received.
For more information, email Kristi Winter, or call 559-662-3873.