Community Advisory Committee
The CAC acts in an advisory capacity to the Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA) regarding:
- Development, review and implementation of programs and services outlined in the local plan for special education services;
- Assisting parent education;
- Promoting awareness of needs of individuals with disabilities in the community;
- Supporting activities on behalf of children with exceptional needs;
- Facilitating communication between school, parents and the community.
The function of the CAC is to improve and promote:
- Communication between schools, parents, and related agencies;
- Parent education and support;
- Activities on behalf of children with exceptional needs;
- Community awareness and education;
- Special Education program review and recommendations.
The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is made up of parents, care providers, educators, and representatives from private agencies concerned with special education.
For more information regarding:
- CAC Meeting Dates and Locations
- Parent Rights
- Parent Networks